UEA came 26th in our Mental Health Rankings 2017

Out of a possible 47 universities

UEA is the 26th best uni in the country for dealing with mental health, according to our Mental Health Rankings 2017.

The rankings also found that UEA spent £15.70 per student on their mental health services, below the national average of £22.06.

The Tab's Mental Health Rankings 2017 is the only study to assess UK universities' ability to care for students with mental health issues. You can read the full rankings here.

Image may contain: Sliding Door, Door

This year over 9,000 students completed our mental health survey, telling us about their experiences at their university.

Now in their second year, the rankings cover 47 universities across the country. They pull together information about how well universities fund their mental health services, how long students have to wait for help, and how satisfied students are with the service.

Mental health is a part of the duty of care which universities must provide for their students. We're aiming to paint the truest picture of mental health at university, and how it's handled.

Our findings also show that per applicant to the university's services, £334.49 was spent, above the average of £334.28. As a result of this, the overall finance score for UEA, which also takes into account investment into the university's services, is 13.02 out of a possible 40, above the national average of 17.29.

When looking at student satisfaction with the university's services, UEA ranked 16th. Overall, UEA scored 35.61 of a possible 40, below the national average of 34.55.

When asked for comment, the University replied: "The University of East Anglia is pleased to feature in the top third of HEIs surveyed and to score a satisfaction rating of 89%.

"Without a clearer sense of the total sample size, it would be difficult to place too much reliance on these figures – 47 HEIs is a small proportion of the total number of providers."

Overall, UEA 28 ranked of 47. Not the worst, but certainly not the best.