A second year UEA Business Management student has designed a sustainable water bottle

It is available in the SU shop now

An entrepreneurial student has launched a sustainable UEA-branded water bottle which conveniently folds away.

Vilius Balandis, a second-year Business Management student, designed the bottle out of a desire to combat the amount of plastic which litters beaches. The bottle, priced at £6.50, will be on sale in the SU shop from today (Friday, May 19th).

The 530ml capacity bottle is made from food-grade silicone and is BPA free, meaning that it is healthier to drink from than normal water bottles. It can also store soup and hot liquids, making it perfect for bringing along a coffee to a late-night library trip.

Speaking to The Tab, Vilius said “I am concerned about the environment and the damage caused by plastic bottles.

“I designed this bottle to be portable and convenient, and reusable so that it will hopefully make a positive difference to the environment”.

Vilius has also created an Instagram account to help promote the bottle, and is taking online orders.

@YungGeebles