Music festival to take place on campus this Saturday

UEA, let me hear you make some noiseeeee

Zig Zag, UEA’s first Creative Arts Festival, will be taking place all over campus this Saturday, May 20th, with events planned for Union House, the Square, and the outside Amphitheatre.

The festival, which is organised jointly by Livewire and the Live Music Society, is “dedicated to shining a spotlight on the hugely diverse creative culture that can be found at UEA”. There will be comedy, drama and artistic performances during the daytime, alongside acoustic musical performances, with student bands and DJs taking over the LCR for the evening entertainment.

The event will also feature a food stall from Namaste Indian, along with student vendors selling goods, representatives for charity organisations, and obviously some sick drink deals in the SU bar.

Jennifer Welsford, one of the festival organisers, said “We’re so excited to host Zig Zag on Saturday! It’s the first event of its kind at UEA and we’re extremely grateful to everyone for their support so far.

“As well as a host of daytime acoustic performers, we’ve got the best of the student bands UEA has to offer for our evening gigs. Catch the likes of Dazy Crown and Hugo Z on our Hazy Dog outdoor stage, and come inside the LCR for sets from The Wingmen, YNB and more!”

As the festival is taking place on a Saturday, there will, of course, be an A-List in the LCR afterwards, making it the perfect day to celebrate finishing the year (or procrastinate from revision for that little bit longer).

Tickets for Zig Zag are on sale here, priced at £5, or £8 for a bundle which includes an A-List ticket. Alternatively, they can be purchased from The Hive all day on Friday or on the door on Saturday. 

@YungGeebles