We asked you for your best hangover cures

There’s nothing like a kebab to make everything okay again

Hangovers are pretty shit. It always seems to be that the unbearable tiredness and throbbing headache hit half-way through a midday lecture. Or, it could be the kind of hangover that is so overwhelming that you are practically left in a vegetative state until the sky goes dark again. Alas, the big brains that make up the bulk of students at this fine institution have the money-back-guarantee cures for you.

Flat 8 Nelson court, First year

“Mcdonalds drive-thru is the best.”

“Also having a kebab is always good. Smoking herbal remedies, too, can be beneficial.”

“Basically stay in and eat the finest takeaway your student loan can buy. Also water is key.”

Freshers are wise owls this year

“Mcdonalds drive thru is the best”. Also having a kebab is always good. Smoking herbal remedies too can be beneficial. Basically stay in and eat finest take aways your student loans can buy. Also water is key.

Leo, second year

“Canadian Clamato juice (clam juice, tomato juice and vodka) and joints. Also, have a wank.”

They demanded to hide their real identity…

Amanda, first year, Hickling House

“Crisps and bacon sandwiches – all you need is a packet of your favourite crisps and a beautiful fry-up breakfast. This combination is sure to rejuvenate your broken body after the previous night’s events.”

Joshua Ward, second year, History

“Pancakes and flat coke – leave your coke out to go flat after pre-drinks, once it’s flat it’s the easiest way of gettting lost electrolytes back into your body. Electolytes are the secret cure, they’re the Holy Grail.”

Always with the innovation, Joshua hear provides advice from his local GP: “Flat coke, left out from the night before, allows the easiest way of getting back into your body lost electrolytes”. It is these “electrolytes are the secret, they are the way for a cure”. They are your “Holy Grail”, if you will.

Beth, second year, Politics

“I like to sit in bed feeling sorry for myself, eating a kebab, and watching Ru Paul’s Drag Race.”