UEA’s pessimistic reaction to Trump’s victory last night

The end of the world requires a firework in one’s arse

The results of last night’s confounding victory was too much to bear for many students. Not that hardly honest Hillary is a prime candidate by any means, but in comparison to her opposition, a racist spray-tanned egg, her victory was hoped for.

Hence I had prepared celebratory fireworks, to release in her expected victory, in the face of demagoguery.

They share the painful memories of only a few hours before, a time when Hillary looked certain to clinch it. The blue then, like the exterminating tripods in War of the Worlds, Trump slowly but steadily encroached upon the states, one by one securing them in his spray-tanned mits.

Despite the occasional right-winger in a Trump hat, the majority of people were left in a collective wallow. It felt like the time for fountains of flaming fireworks was no longer appropriate…

Make America Great Again, woop.

Nonetheless, many a budding student held out in hope, even though the inevitable was certainly felt, many lingered on. Some even managed to come from the LCR to watch.

However, with MDMA not being an appropriate stimulant given the context of the situation, it was arduous:

It’s pretty lit

So fuck it, it was with this air of pessimism and all hope lost a profound idea came to mind. Given that the world is ending, why not release just release my fireworks, from my actual end. Many a thing has already been put up there, yet doing this was nearly as idiotic as someone voting for Trump:

This stands as a visual metaphor for America right now.