There’s a real Haunted House in Norwich

Bet it’s not as scary as that summative you’re putting off

Did you know that Norwich is one of the most haunted cities in the UK, and that 49% of residents have reported a paranormal experience? They didn’t tell you that on your prospectus now did they.

Lisa Hamilton is full time carer in Norwich, and has claimed that she’s had her own share of the paranormal.

Between 2007 and 2008, Lisa experienced things straight out of whatever scary film you’re into at the minute, at her house on Silver Road (it’s approx. a 13 min drive from UEA – don’t worry I’m sure you’re safe).

She says said that the lights would ‘turn on and off’, and her covers would be pulled off her bed. There were ‘cold patches’ and she would wake up in the middle of the night to see a ‘dark form’ near her cupboard.

She visited Ianna’s Festival and the staff gave her some tips. These include burning sage, sprinkling salt around them room and hanging a crystal on the door. I’d take notes if I were you, because these tips worked for a while.

Not a road to wander down

However, after a few renovations things started acting weird again and she heard ‘a horrendous banging noise’, and the house phone rang her mobile – even though the house phone hasn’t been set up.

She eventually reached her breaking point and her landlord called the paranormal services. They said that they could sense ‘an angry male who they thought had been a gang member that had killed people, as well as several other spirits in the home, including a young boy from the 1800s, a woman who had drowned in the house and a demon in the attic’.

Apparently they talked to one of the spirits, who ‘revealed he had been rocking the baby’s crib at night to wake him up’. At that, one of the investigators said they’d never go back to that house.

Shortly after, Lisa moved out. Don’t blame her to be honest.