More clowns have been spotted on campus

‘I was absolutely terrified, especially since I already have a fear of clowns’

More creepy clowns have been spotted on campus following a sighting on Sunday night at approximately 8.30pm outside the Enterprise Centre. 

The student, a second year law student whom wishes to remain anonymous, had gone to the gym that evening and had decided to jog home when a clown jumped out on them.

She told the Tab: “Anyone who lives near the village or across from the UEA traffic lights will know of the path that provides a shortcut from the lights to University Drive, which is where it happened.”

“I saw something from behind a big tree, it was dark so I slowed down because (although it sounds silly) I thought I was hallucinating.”

She then realised that she wasn’t seeing things and there was actually a guy dressed up as a clown: “[He] came out from behind the tree and screamed at me.”

As she was already jogging, she started full on sprinting away down the path: “When I looked back I could see him chasing me.

“Obviously I was absolutely terrified, especially since I already have a fear of clowns. To be honest I was just grateful that the traffic on the road wasn’t busy because I just ran across it to get away from him and took no notice of the lights.”

The traffic lights leading to the Village

When she got to the village she realised that the clown and stopped chasing her. When she’d calmed down, she called the police. They took her statement and a search party went around the park but nothing was found.

The student told us: “A 30-year-old man was later arrested for a separate incident in Eaton Park and was let off with a caution, but this wasn’t the same person as in Earlham Park and there has been some confusion over that.

The craze has swept the UK and US by storm, gaining international media attention. But it’s not only students and campuses that are feeling the terror. This morning, Childline revealed that they’ve received over 120 calls from fearful children since the beginning of the horrifying trend.

The victim was worried about the wellbeing of those that have been affected by the craze so far: “It’s clear that these attacks have a lasting effect on people. It shouldn’t have to take someone to be run over or stabbed for people to stop the craze.”