Two students are holding a vigil in the square for Cloud Dog

“The ones that love us never really leave us”

Two second years are holding a vigil in the square for the late Cloud Dog on Wednesday.

Rob Thurbon and Rob Klim decided to create the Facebook event after they heard the earth-shattering news of the campus celebrity’s passing earlier this week.

There are currently over 300 people interested in the event, which has only been on Facebook for a few hours, and a further 80 have confirmed at they shall be attending the candle-lit vigil.

Rob Thurbon, who studies International Development, told the Tab: “I first found out that she had sadly passed when I saw an article on the UEA Cloud Dog Facebook page.

“Having met her numerous times on campus and by the lake last year, it made me realise that she was inadvertently a great figure to have around. I’ve got a dog at home, and when I’m at uni I miss not having a dog about. Campus life will go on but will be slightly more dull.

“The love expressed by students was so great, what with the Facebook page and posts popping up on social media, that it didn’t seem right for nothing to be done about her passing beyond the rainbow.”

Rob Klim, who studies History, said: “I was in the library when I heard the news. I distinctly remember the sky becoming more grey at the very moment I realised what had happened.

“Alongside the recent veneration of holy Harambe, another saintly figure, it is extremely important that these heroes are not forgotten. Consequently a candle-lit vigil seemed the appropriate send off. That’s what UEA needs in order for the memory of the iconic Cloud Dog to go on. The concept of Cloud Dog will live forever in the hearts of students.”

The Facebook post that is solely responsible for Norfolk’s broken heart

When questioned if there was anything that UEA needs in this dark time to lift the student body’s spirits, Rob Klim said: “I feel the assasination of Trump could lift everyone’s spirits, or potentially the lowering of the price of snakebites back down to £2.15 per pint.”

The vigil will take place at 7pm on Wednesday in the square. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own tea lights. You can view the Facebook event here.