UEA ranked 14th best university in the UK

That’s two places higher than last year and 27 places higher than Essex

UEA placed 14th in the Complete University Guide for 2017, climbing two places higher than last year. The survey marks universities based on factors such as their UCAS entry standards, students’ satisfaction, research quality, and graduates’ prospects.

The survey also takes into account graduates’ final degree marks, the student-to-staff ratio, how much the university spends on both academia and facilities, and what percentage of students actually finish their degree.

UEA came in at 19th for student satisfaction, only one place beneath Cambridge, with Buckingham, Surrey and Keele nabbing the top three spots.

We also ranked 22nd for our quality of research, a whole 11 places above Essex. Wahey.

It’s not all good news though. Graduate prospects for UEA students look rather miserable, with only 70.1% of graduates managing to nab themselves a job in the year following graduation, putting us 55th on the table. This puts us below the likes of Huddersfield, who came out 81st in the table overall, and Lincoln, who placed 49th overall.

Nevertheless, the survey also gave us top marks for the quality of our honours (how many graduates get a first or a 2:1), our student-to-staff ratio, and how much money the university puts into the facilities on campus such as the careers service, health and counselling services and sport facilities. This shouldn’t be such a surprise seeming that our mental health service was named one of the most approachable in the UK earlier this week.