Every type of UEA texter you currently have in your contacts

Tear-laughing emoji rows need to be left in 2015

Now with the existence of emoji’s, GIF’s and abbreviations, text messages seem to have developed a personality of their own, they’re now so much more than just a few words on a page. But with this advancement comes a whole host of people who have their own ideas about what makes a good text. So be honest, own up, which one of these classic texters are you?

The Drunk One

We’ve all been there, leaning against one of the pillars in the LCR feeling far too sober for a Tuesday night. You’ve lost your flatmates and are now desperately typing away in hope of a reply whilst Justin Beiber’s ‘Where r ü now that I need you’ mockingly plays in the background. The VK fuelled recipient of this text on the other hand drunkenly looks down to their phone mid-dancefloor and their replies usually resemble something like this:

The Blanker

Picture the scene, you’re pretty sure you’ve just sent an absolute 10/10 banter GIF to your friend. Excitedly awaiting their appreciative response of perhaps an extended “looool” or even a row of tear faced laughing emojis, you notice they’ve read it, but you continue waiting. Then suddenly, you remember- your well thought out humour has been wasted by sending it to a “blanker.” This is someone that thrives off a conversation filled in grey and would do anything for you to see a double tick on your message so don’t be wasting your top bants for this friend again..

The Emoji Obsessive

Okay, we get it. The odd well-used emoji, say an ironic winky face or a sarcastic thumbs up can provoke a mild chuckle. But why oh why do some people feel the need to garnish every message with row upon row of emojis? Texts start to resemble a primary school worksheet and you start to wonder what the point of words are when apparently everything can be communicated in the yellow-coloured expression of an emoji face. Like #squadgoals, over-using emojis is one habit that should have definitely been left in 2015.

the “too edgy to use capital letters” type

ironically, this type of texter often tends to be a latte slurping and lefty-loving humanities student. but nevertheless for these communicators, upper case letters are a thing of 2015 and pressing down on the caps lock button has become an unbreakable habit. if you’ve got one of these texters in your phone, get ready for a life lacking in proper punctuation.

The Fresher Friend

That one person on your course that you met during freshers and latched onto for fear of having to walk into a lecture alone. Even though it’s later in the term now and you’ve made other friends, you still keep up that chain of “Xxx”on the end of every text mixed in with a generous serving of grinning emojis just in case your ever stuck for a lecture buddy again.