Which Leonardo DiCaprio film is your halls?

Suffolk and Norfolk are so Romeo and Juliet

What a time to be alive.

After over 20 years since his first nomination, Hollywood favourite Leonardo DiCaprio has finally won himself an Oscar for his role in The Revenant.

Whether you’re a deep thinking philosophy student who likes the way Inception reflects on modern morality, or a pretentious Drama student who can’t shut up about how his Romeo & Juliet is a fitting contemporary portrayal of a classic play, everyone has a favourite Leo film.

If your halls were a Leonardo Di Caprio film, here’s what you’d be.

The Village – Titanic

I’m sure it seemed like a good idea at first – roomy, en-suites, away from the raucous scenes of campus – why would you want to associate yourself with those peasants? But in the end you soon come to realise the truth.

Just like Rose discovering Jack having the time of his life dancing away under the deck with all his standard class friends, the pull of campus becomes too much to bear at times. What at first seemed a good idea starts to sink as you realise that this Wednesday 9am hungover walk along Chancellors drive to campus is something you’re going to have to get used to.

You may as well just abandon ship and give up with your degree.

But, like Jack and Rose, the village people stay loyal to each other. They’re all they have, and many become BFFs forever.

Most people in the village wouldn’t have to think twice about whether or not there’s enough room on that floating door let their mate take refuge on it too. It’s not all bad, at least you have each other.

Britten House, Colman House and Paston House – Catch Me If You Can

Catch Me If You Can – a story of lies, lies and more lies. Like Frank Abagnale Jr, you try to make yourself out to be something you’re not. You think you’ve living in the wild party centre of campus, but face it, you’re not Nelson.

You also think you’ve gone for the more mellow, typical student accommodation, but mate, that’s what the Ziggurats are for.

Just like Leo in Catch Me If You Can you need to get your life together – we all know that you live in one of the more forgettable parts of campus, so stop trying to  make yourself out to be something you’re not.

Nelson Court – The Great Gatsby

Party people! Gatsby’s cool, suave party animal lifestyle wouldn’t go amiss in Nelson Court. They are always the first to arrive and last to leave a party. Living right by the LCR, Nelson is perfect for pre-drinks, and always the go-to place to have that mad post-LCR after party everyone’s expecting.

Being able to afford living in one of UEA’s more pricey accommodations, the Nelson Court inhabitants don’t need to live off Tesco Value Vodka, they go full-on Smirnoff.

Wolfson & Orwell Close – The Revenant

Hardly an Oscar winner, but Wolfson and Orwell close match the dark, cold and generally morbid setting of The Revenant. Telling the story of Leo’s struggle against the elements, this is surely what any inhabitant of Wolfson and Orwell close feel anytime they have to set foot outside their accommodation.

Leo doesn’t say much in this film, most of it is him just looking around in anguish, trying to find his way through the struggle- just how I imagine any student who lives in Wolfson and Orwell close would react when they’re asked to explain their accommodation choice.

Norfolk & Suffolk – Romeo + Juliet

It’s a classic love story. Two star-crossed lovers who become inseparable. Like Romeo & Juliet, everyone knows that the people of Norfolk and Suffolk Terrace shouldn’t be together, but they just can’t get enough of each other.

The obvious rivalry between the Ziggurats dwarfs the conflict between the Montagues and Capulets, but in the end we all know this rivalry is just the result of a deep and reluctant sexual tension.

Like Leo’s baby face and Hawaiian shirts in the film, the Terrace’s lake side setting provide a picturesque view for anyone who has to put up with them.

People say that the terraces are out of date, ugly and dull, but that’s what you all said about Romeo & Juliet until your GCSE English teacher brought Leonardo Di Caprio’s Romeo into your life.

Mary Chapman Court – Shutter Island

Isolated and just outright confusing, you wouldn’t be surprised to find anyone who chose to live in Mary Chapman court being sent to Shutter Island.

The story of a guy who thinks he’s investigating the treatment of patients in a mental hospital, but in fact he’s the patient who’s being watched (spoilers), Shutter Island is full of twists, turns and shocks. Mary Chapman has all these things too.

Twists: considering it’s in the city, it’s actually one of the cheapest accommodation choices. Turns: but then, you’re nowhere near campus so you’re missing out on like everything. Shocks: the shock of when you actually meet someone who lives there. (I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who lives in Mary Chapman?)

Just like Leo, once you’ve realised where you are and what you’ve got yourself into, you’ll want to be getting out of there and get back to the real world.