Cloud Dog is the best thing about UEA

She’s the mascot we never knew we needed

As fluffy as a cloud and cuter than the rabbits, Cloud Dog is UEA’s new hero. 

This walking example of floof is called Beau, short for Boudicca. She’s a Samoyed breed, and in recent weeks has become a hero amidst UEA campus with students going mad over her cute appearance.

All hail the almighty floof

She’s owned by a local resident and can frequently be seen being walked by her owner or the owner’s grandson (who is reportedly a UEA student) around the campus of UEA, all the way from the University Village to the Ziggurats.

It’s now become a staple of campus life for an uproar to happen whenever Cloud Dog is spotted on campus, as students flock in groups to see Beau, or for Yik Yak and other social media pages to go into a somewhat frenzy.

Cloud Dog for SU?

Apparently the surge of popularity regarding Cloud Dog has caused some rivalry to appear between UEA’s other examples of wildlife and most notably the rabbits, but what other university can honestly say they have a resident dog plus rabbits all over their campus?

We still love the rabbits too though

Recently a Facebook page was also created for the ‘UEA Cloud Dog’ as somewhere for students to post about their encounters with the dog and upload pictures. This was later revealed to be another platform for the SU Elections to be promoted on, as after gaining a substantial following the majority of posts then revolved around promoting Patrick Berryman for Undergraduate Officer in addition to the usual pictures posted (he lost to Theo Antoniou-Philips).

Cloud Dog’s part-time campaign work in the run up to the elections

Although many think of Beau as just a dog, she represents much more than that: she’s become a symbol of UEA pride, and getting a photo with her is considered an achievement in itself worth far more than getting a first in your degree.

The Cloud Dog of UEA is yet another part of what makes us so blooming wonderful.