Meet the man candy on this year’s UEA Take Me Out

It’s that time of year again

With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, UEA’s very own version of Take Me Out is this Thursday in the LCR with all money raised going to Save the Children.

The lead organiser and Norwich’s answer to Paddy McGuinness, second year Pharmacy student Zhyar Said, has high hopes following the memorable events of last year: “One highlight was when a girl was the only one left to keep her balloon intact for a guy. When we asked why, she said she was scared of popping balloons.”

This year promises just as many euphemisms and the same smutty banter as last year, with a couple of little surprises too. With tickets having already sold out, the expectations are high. Zhyar told us: “I’m looking forward to roasting one of my friends on the show, and the after party at Mantra should be epic.

“I’m also keen to see the reaction to Alex Morgan because he seems shy but I really think he’s a bit of an underdog.”

With that in mind, meet the boys…

Jack 

Course: Second year, Physical Education.

Hobbies: Football, the gym, and working at Mantra.

Jesse Parot

Course: First year, Marketing and Management.

Hobbies: Football, music, binge-watching movies and TV shows, and the LCR.

Fun fact: “Without actually knowing how to play the piano I performed in front of the King and Queen of Belgium.”

Harrison Cass

Course: First year, Biology.

Hobbies: Playing football and watching Ex on the Beach.

Fun fact: “My flatmate told the person organising that I would do it and before I knew it I couldn’t back out.”

Alex Morgan

Course: First year, Biological Sciences.

Hobbies: Football, comedies, nights out and chilling with friends.

Fun fact: “The day I was born a comet flew through the sky.”

Ludvig Åsenius

Course: First year, Education.

Hobbies: Running, finger-painting and giggling.

Fun fact: “90% of my body consists of glitter and Lambrini.”

Taff Tafara Ndoro

Course: First year, Adult Nursing.

Hobbies: Cricket, football, and American football.

Fun fact: “I’ve never had a girlfriend who lasted longer than a month.”