I pay off my student loan masturbating on webcam

‘It does take the fun out of having a wank’

bi chaturbate curious job masturbation Money sex uni

Most people at uni earn their money in a bar or in the SU shop.

Some more adventurous students, however, are turning to webcamming as a quick solution to earn serious cash.

We talked to English fresher Ryan about how he finds time to fit raunchy webcam sessions around essay deadlines.

Working hard

Working hard

Hi Ryan. When did you start webcamming?

I started roughly the same time as I started university – so late September, early October this year.

Who do you get the most interest from?

It’s mostly gay, bi or curious guys. There are occasional women, but they’re by far in the minority.

One of the many webcamming sites used by people like Ryan

One of the many sites used by people like Ryan

How much do you earn?

Enough to be able to afford buying myself some gadgets. I’d say roughly £50 a week on average, but it really varies. Some weeks I’ve made in excess of £100, others far less even though I’ve been broadcasting as much.

So it really depends on how receptive my audience is. The biggest money maker for me is to do private shows – I can make £30-40 in one hit with these, though it can take a while to find someone who will splash that amount of money on you.

Nothing weird so far...

Nothing weird so far

What’s been your weirdest experience?

I haven’t had all that many weird experiences. If I’m honest, most people seem pretty normal. Although I did have one guy talking to me about sex with underage kids. I promptly blocked and reported him.

In terms of what I’ve had to do, there hasn’t really been any bizarre things – nobody has asked me to be a furry or anything!

Alters the definition of working from home

Brings a new meaning to working from home

Are you in a relationship at the moment?

I was at one point.

Did they know about the webcamming?

Yep. It was long distance, in different countries, so we saw each other pretty rarely anyway, and it wasn’t the reason we broke up. I asked permission before I started, and they were fine with it. You’ve got to remember that it’s really much more of a performing job than for any personal gain. If I just wanted to have fun with myself, I wouldn’t be doing what I am. It’s a lot of hard work, time and effort.

Just writing a few seminar notes before Chaturbate

How long do you plan to do it for? 

Not too long. I’m hoping to earn around £1,000 to 1,500 and then stop. It’s quite time-consuming, and I’d much rather have a different supplementary income because it does take the fun out of having a wank. I’d rather do something else than be dealing with other people’s turn ons.

It takes the fun out of a wank

Not as fun as it looks

What are the best and worst things about the job?

I can set my own hours, which is great. If I have a busy week I’m not obliged to broadcast. Equally, if I have a relatively easy weak I can spend a few more evenings doing it. Being able to fit it around my life is probably the best aspect of doing it when compared with other “normal” jobs. Obviously I get paid, that’s a benefit as well. And I get plenty of sex toys from people who want to see me use them.

In terms of downsides, it does, as I said earlier, take the fun from wanking. I very rarely just rub one out for myself now – I just don’t have the stamina or the time.

And it’s a job you have to keep secret – from your parents and friends. I haven’t told any of my friends. So sometimes it feels like I’m being antisocial, though I do try to do as much with them as possible. It’s not a stable income, either – I’m paid when someone enjoys what I’m doing or wants a show, and I can’t guarantee getting either. I have to win my audience over, so it can be quite energy draining.

Other articles recommended by the author