BNOC of the year: Group three

You can only dream

The last group saw Thomas Rees pip Jasmine Shah to the post with 37 per cent of the votes.

It’s now time for the last round before the final as three more names battle it out. Who will be getting your vote?

Nick Hartshorn

Second year Nick is Social Sec and soon-to-be Team Captain of Rugby, already making him one of the best-known people on campus. He’s also a promoter for Cabana Club and can be found on the doors of Lola’s on a Friday.

Nick’s impossible to miss on a night out with his ginger locks and outrageous dance moves. Commonly seen in a fabulous array of fancy dress for the LCR or Sports Nights, he’s not one to hold back on a night out.

He plays a big role in getting everyone hyped to go out and once got so drunk that he found himself stranded in a lake with no idea how he got there.

Lawrence Tyrrell

Lawrence has always dreamed of being a BNOC. Although he’s rarely on campus, he’s the life and soul of the LCR.

This cheeky chap enjoyed first year so much he thought he’d repeat it. He loves attention, whether it be from wearing fancy dress in the LCR or generally causing trouble. His exploits in clubs mean his face is now easily recognisable – and his tongue is always sticking out.

Even his Yaks are famous and he loves to take the credit – everyone will remember the one about his ashes being spread in the LCR.

Emily Wiles

Second year International Development student Emily is known all over campus and has been described as “the epitome of BNOC-status”. She was easily the biggest-named fresher last year and people now refer to getting “Emily Wilesed”, or getting drunk to the point of passing out.

She works for all the promotions companies and is a manager at AfterDark where she can be found every Thursday, whether on the door or in VIP.

She’s also a constant presence on campus and you’ll spot her in the LCR or the Square when it’s sunny.