BNOC of the Year: Group one

You wish you could be them

Over the last month we’ve been receiving your nominations for BNOC of the year and now it’s time to pick a winner.

We’re giving you the power to change one person’s life forever. Who will it be?

Sam Milchem

Second year Sam is the BNOC everyone wants to be. You probably recognise him from his role as a Spotify and GiffGaff brand manager, which has led to him providing Spotify speakers and cups for many a pre-drinks.

He’s also the biggest known DJ at UEA and has DJed in Freshers’ Week, Mantra, Lola Lo’s, Hideout, Lost and the LCR on Tuesdays and Saturdays. On Derby Day he even took over DJing in the Hive after complaints about the music and got hired by the Union despite being drunk.

His BNOC status was only boosted when he got with Vicky from Geordie Shore and went back to her hotel for an after-party, making him the envy of every guy on campus.

Celeb couple of the year?

Gerald Osei Mmieh

Gerald is well-known for being one of the nicest guys at UEA and is always smiling. If you haven’t seen him round campus, you’re bound to find him dancing on the top floor of Mantra on a Thursday surrounded by friends.

He’s Vice President of the African Caribbean Society and has found fame for making the best Jollof rice in Norwich.

He gets involved with every event possible and you may have seen him in the Hive selling milkshakes for charity. Nobody has a bad word to say about this guy.

Lucy Thacker

For such a small person Lucy knows a huge number of people, probably because she’s in so many societies (Christian Union, Archery and Stop the Traffik). She’s known as UEA’s agony aunt and can be found on coffee dates with her many friends.

While everyone else is embarrassing themselves in the LCR, Lucy will approach wrong-doers and point at them sternly to make them feel their shame. She’s also responsible for deflating the children’s inflatable obstacle course at the SportsPark swimming pool by being too enthusiastic.

Emily Wolfe

If you haven’t heard of this girl, you’ve been living under a rock. She’s been banned from almost every watering hole in Norwich and was even kicked out of the club she works at for cracking her head open, only to try and continue drinking once paramedics had glued it back together.

This party girl knows how to get her own way and often manages to get lifts home from bouncers (who text her the next day to check she’s ok) and from the men who run Siciliano.

Friends describe her love life as “troubling at best”.

Think we’re missing a mate of yours who deserves a shot at the BNOC title? Send your nominations in to [email protected].