Pow! Lethal Bizzle added to Big Weekend line-up

It’s going to be dench

Grime catchphrase merchant Lethal Bizzle has been added to the line-up for Radio 1’s Big Weekend.

The rapper will be bringing dench to the In New Music We Trust stage as part of the Sunday line-up.

The MOBO award winner and one-time Hip Hop Mastermind contestant said: “I’m really looking forward to performing at Radio 1’s Big Weekend.

“You can expect a high energy set from me, and maybe a few exclusives, it’s going to be Dench!”

Mr Bizzle will be replacing Catfish and the Bottlemen who have been moved to the Main Stage to fill in for Sam Smith.

Earlier in the week, Sam Smith was forced to pull out of the Earlham Park festival after needing an operation on his vocal chords. The six-time Grammy Award winner has been forced to take eight weeks off from performing.

Catfish Van McCann told the BBC he and the bottlemen were thrilled at the chance to play to a bigger crowd.

He said: “It’s mad for us to just be playing, never mind being moved to the main stage because we did the Introducing stage last year.

“We’re very excited to be given the opportunity.”