The Voice comes to UEA

Calling all UEA divas

Popular BBC One singing competition The Voice will hold open auditions for series five of the show at the UEA campus next Wednesday.

The audition – open to UEA students and staff only – will take place in Music Centre room 0.30, from 2pm-4pm.

Wannabe singers should arrive at the UEA Music Centre, located near the amphitheatre to the left of The Shop, prepared to perform their hearts out on the 29th of April.

The event invites “solo or duo” artists at the university, with a “genuinely fantastic voice”, to turn up and give their best shot at “getting the coaches chairs spinning.”

This lot won’t be there for the campus auditions

And, although it’s not thought the show’s stars – including judges Tom Jones, Rita Ora and Will.i.am. – will be in attendance, staff from both the BBC and The Voice’s independent TV production company Wall to Wall will be there for first-round auditions.

Over 450 students have been invited to the event, which was posted by the Student Union on Facebook today.

The casting call also comes less than a month before another mass music event hits campus: Radio 1’s Big Weekend. Stars expected in the line-up at the Norwich festival include previous The Voice live performers Olly Murs and Hozier.