Livewire to celebrate 25th birthday

Get sloshed with the people who made Greg James famous

There’s nothing like getting royally destroyed in the LCR to celebrate your birthday. 

And this time, it’s Livewire’s turn. 

For the past 24 years Livewire has been UEA’s only radio station, and on April 23rd, it’s the big 25.

UEA’s most famous alumni Greg James was practically made in the Livewire studios. Where would he be without them?

And without Greg James, would Norwich have ever been considered for Radio 1’s Big Weekend?

Bae

The team will be celebrating the station’s birthday at a special event in the LCR. Oliver Sanham, the station manager, said (from the bottom of his heart): “To miss it would not be cool.

“Livewire was recently awarded a big share of the Alumni fund, so we’ve got brand new, state-of-the-art equipment and soon we’ll have a new studio space.

“This is great news for everybody, because the quality of what we do is going from strength to strength, and new generations of students can have a go at making live radio on cutting edge kit.”

The headline DJ for the evening is Bass Matters, who performed at Tinie Tempah’s birthday party just a few weeks back and has also played for Labrinth.

There will also be giveaways on the evening, including Latitude festival tickets. Also performing will be UEA’s very own Laura Goldthorp, Tibetan Night Terrors and Box Of Light.

The Livewire team

Social Sec of Livewire Sian Cooper said: “What makes this event extra special is that even though we have a range of tastes throughout the society and throughout UEA, it’s an evening that has something for everyone.

“We will show the rest of UEA and the Norwich music scene that we are something special, and we know how to celebrate a birthday in style!”

Just chilling with Greg James.

Tickets for the event cost £5 and can be bought from the Box Office or on the UEA bookings page.

For more information about the event visit the Facebook page.