Law fresher killed in road accident

He was driving home for Mother’s Day

A Law first year visiting home for Mother’s Day was killed in a road collision on Saturday.

20-year-old Rakesh Joshi was killed when his car crashed into a tree in his home town on March 14. Emergency services arrived at 23.35pm but he was pronounced dead at the scene.

In an email to the Law School, Professor Peter Kunzlik said: “We all grieve his loss and I know that he had many friends in the Law School and the wider University for whom this will be a particularly difficult time.

“Needless to say, I and all my colleagues – but especially those who taught and advised Rakesh – are also deeply saddened by his loss.”

London Metropolitan Police said: “Police were called at around 23:35hrs that day to reports of a car in collision with a tree in Sandy Lane, Sutton.

“Officers and other emergency services attended the scene. The 20-year-old driver (the only occupant) of a black Vauxhall Corsa was pronounced dead at the scene. Next of kin have been informed.

“At this early stage it is believed no other vehicles were involved.

“The South West Serious Collision Investigation Unit is carrying out enquires into the circumstances of the collision and are appealing for any witnesses or anyone with any information to contact them.”