Man arrested after body discovered on Glebe Road

Police say he’s helping with the investigation

A man has been arrested after a woman’s body was discovered at an address on Glebe Road.

Police were called to the house at around 2.30am following reports that a woman in her 40s had been injured.

Paramedics attempted to resuscitate the woman but she was pronounced dead at the scene. A man, also in his 40s, has been arrested and is being questioned by police.

The death is being treated as unexplained.

Second year Scarlet Prentice, who lives on the road, said: “I thought it was a robbery or something. I saw three forensic vans this morning. There were two police officers standing outside a house on my side of the street.”

Tom Waterfall, who lives a few doors down from the address, said: “We were all asleep and didn’t hear anything last night.

“My housemates saw a body being taken out of the house this morning in a body bag and loads of police were down the road earlier stopping people from parking.

“I didn’t know the person but we’ve probably walked past her on the street. It’s pretty scary though.”

His housemates added: “At around half 12 we started to walk to town and as we passed the house we saw a body bag being carried out. All morning there had been people in forensic suits around the house.

“It was a bit of a shock and a bit scary as it happened so close.”

A police officer has been stationed outside the house

Detective Chief Inspector Tracey Little, from the Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team, said: “Enquiries are in the early stages and a post-mortem examination will be carried out this afternoon to establish the cause of death. We continue to treat the death as unexplained and a man is helping us with our enquiries.”

More to follow.