PETA offer £5000 reward for Norwich dog attacker

The RSPCA are investigating the crime

Norfolk’s animal lovers have become enraged over the video of a man punching a dog, which quickly went viral after pleas from RSPCA to find culprit.

Footage shows a man repeatedly punching a dog on Jex Road in Norwich, at roughly 1.30pm on February 9th.

The man approaches the dog at 1:32pm

People are being urged to come forward with any details that could lead to this man’s arrest.

The video has currently received over 227,000 views on YouTube.

The RSPCA are following up on the information that they have received following the video’s release.

In the meantime, PETA have taken it upon themselves to catch the pooch puncher.

The animal protection charity are reportedly giving a £5000 reward to identify the culprit in the video.

The RSPCA currently receives a call to its emergency abuse line every 30 seconds, and the number of convictions are on the rise.

Ru Wilson the President of the UEA Animal Welfare society and second year law student said: “I am glad that PETA have put out a reward for whoever identifies this horrid man.

“I hope he is caught and locked up.

After the attack, the man leaves with the dog

“However I know from experience his jail sentence and/or fine won’t be much, I’d like to see the day come when someone who abuses an animal gets a more appropriate prison sentence.”

The animal in the video is clearly in distress and can be seen cowering in the video.

Hayley, a law student at the UEA, said: “It’s very disturbing and upsetting that someone feels the need to treat an animal like this.”

Anyone with information should contact the RSPCA on 0300 123 8018.