Who we’d like to see headline the Big Weekend

Sorry Taylor, we’d rather have the Puppet Man

Move over Tay-Tay, there’s some local icons who deserve time to shine at Radio 1’s Big Weekend.

The Big Issue Man

You know the one – outside Primark, near Pret, amazing hats and a smile that will brighten up even your darkest of days? Yes, him!

If he’s not there selling those Big Issues or up on the stage between acts, something has gone amiss.

Delia Smith

Norwich’s greatest gatecrasher to date – Delia. No one will forget that they are in Norwich once she gives us a rendition of ‘where are ya’!

Thomas Rees

Tab favourite and all-round super star Thomas Rees should be guaranteed to make an appearance as one of Norwich’s most up and coming talents. With his song ‘Carrion’ having over 2,000 views, he certainly won’t go down in flames.

Eddie From Pool

He led us to victory once, and this time he can lead us in a chorus of ‘Oh UEA is wonderful’ on the main stage.

The Puppet Man

Iconic, god-like, unforgettable and extraordinary, this man deserves a slot in May. If it’s not one of his famous renditions, it’s his style and eloquence which entitles him to being one of the main acts of the weekend.