Blend shuts as Campus Kitchen is refurbished

How will we live

blend building work campus food kitchen norwich refurb refurbishment uea

Campus Kitchen’s Christmas refurbishment is continuing into the new semester, meaning that Blend will be closed for the next few weeks.

The revamp is taking place to help cater for the growing number of students buying food on campus.

Manager Pete tells us the basement and original dry stores are outdated, having been in use since the building was constructed along with the main campus in 1963.

The University hope to reopen the Blend within the first few weeks of the new semester

“The Campus Kitchen will luckily not be affected, as the Blend will be used as a dry-store in the mean time whilst the final alterations occur.

“Because the Blend is currently being used as a dry-store, we’ll be having a gazebo outside the front of the Campus Kitchen all week serving curries and chillis and other hot meals to help to keep feeding the students and staff.”

The Campus Kitchen will be serving hot food outside the restaurant for the next week

Although the interior of the Kitchen will remain unchanged, the efficiency of queuing and speed of service is expected to improve as a result of the refurb.

Students and staff will also be able to use their campus cards to pay at the counter, using the website ‘sQuid’ to help speed up payment and cut down queues.

Students can now pay with their campus card by setting up an sQuid account online.

Although the refurbishment was hoping to be finished over Christmas, staff have assured us that the building work will not directly affect students.