BNOC of the Year – Round 3!

The last and final round… who will be getting your vote?

The second group round saw Nelson Gombakomba JUST take the lead with 32% of votes! It was a close one though – well done to all who made it. Here’s the third and final group before the final!

Josh Edwards

Better known as “Eddy from Pool”, this guy became a legend on campus after securing our Derby Day win against Essex. It was our first away win since 2004 and Eddy came back a hero, finding himself thrown into the spotlight as a BNOC.

“I think my nomination is a result of the Derby Day win this year. I hope I have become a good representative for all the sports clubs and societies at UEA since lifting the trophy, particularly of course the Pool and Snooker club.

“I want to show that having a hobby and developing it alongside your education is crucial to being happy at university – I’d go insane on my course if I wasn’t part of this society. It’s given me a new social platform and I have been very lucky to be a part of a very successful year for UEA clubs. I hope I can return some of this success as President of the club next year.”

Peter Kirk

This guy’s known as a lad who loves to party. He’s introduced himself to pretty much everyone when drunk but normally forgets them all and has been known to throw up NINE times on a night out but continue to drink. Despite his laddish ways, he’s calmed down this year due to health concerns and is focusing more on his studies.

“I’m extremely surprised to be nominated as I’ve been keeping my socialising on the DL this year and that was mostly first year whacky antics. I don’t really think I’m a BNOC except for the fact I introduce myself to everyone when drunk.

“I love to DJ. I’m the co-organiser and also DJ at the Bass Matters events and I’ve DJ’d for ISS events on several occasions. People should vote for me as I want to get my name out there for DJing!”

Matt Pate

Matt is well-known round campus for having his own clothing brand “Love From Matte” and students will have seen his T-shirts being sported on campus and on nights out. He also promotes for Red Bull and ran the UEA Red Bull Night Master campaign which saw UEA come second. If you don’t spot him round campus you’ll be sure to see him out as he loves drinking and meeting new people.

“I’m not a BNOC, I AM the BNOC. I religiously attend AfterDark and the LCR and wouldn’t be caught dead outside of VIP (and no, I don’t need a stamp). I surround myself with other BNOCs so if you don’t know me, you will know my friends so you can introduce yourself to me. VIP is my basic right yet I refuse to have a VIP table as they are not big enough to accommodate my friendship group.

“When I get sick of the best music Norwich has to offer I venture out to underground club Hideout, wearing my own clothing brand (which is named after myself), to ensure I am not associated with the mainstream population of UEA.

“I am an avid fan of energy drinks. You’ll find me in the gym five days a week, usually texting and lifting. When walking around campus I am always equipped with protein shakes in order to retain my enviable physique.

“You may try to add me on Facebook but I won’t accept because my PA is busy and my friends list is already full. Am I surprised to be nominated? No. Why should people vote? I didn’t even write this, I got my PA to do it.”

Louis Preston

Louis is big in the sporting community and loves hockey – he was 1st Team Captain and Social Sec of Hockey and is now Tour Sec. He loves fronting such a huge club and is sure to have the backing of his Hockey team.

“I’m very surprised I’ve been nominated – definitely think it’s a wind up! But it’s great that I’ve gotten to know so many people over the last three years. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time at university and it’s the people here that have made it so enjoyable.”

Arron Reed

Arron has risen to BNOC status mainly through his connections with the Union. His running in the Union Officer elections meant he became widely recognised as “the guy in yellow”. He’s also involved in RAG and Ultimate Frisbee and his versatility in getting involved in sport, charity and union elections means he is recognised everywhere.

“I definitely didn’t expect to be nominated – I thought it was a joke to be honest! I’ve always thought I knew quite a few people, but didn’t really think people would know me.

“Around campus I’ve been on the Raising and Giving and Ultimate Frisbee committees for the last two years. I’ve also met a lot of people through student ambassador stuff and I was the “guy in yellow” in the Union Officer elections which was great for meeting loads of people!

“I’m definitely a library hermit on any day that the LCR isn’t on.”