BNOC of the Year – Round 1

The nominations have been counted and we have your first round of nominees for BNOC of the Year! Here’s a little bit about each nominee and why you should vote for them.

| UPDATED bnoc

Ross Attfield

10331732_10152422194318615_714634870_n

Describing himself as “one of those faces you always see round campus”, Ross is the more subtle BNOC that you recognise without being sure why. As Vice President of the Law Society and Union Council Rep for Livewire, he gets to know lots of people round campus. He and his friends are often sat in the Hive between lectures and he considers the LCR his second home.

“It’s a pleasure to have been recognised as a BNOC – my housemates often tell me they rarely see me at home as I spend most of my life on campus, so frankly it’s about time I got some recognition! Thank you to whoever nominated me. Why should you vote for me? If I win this award I will bungee jump off the top of the Library.”

Luke Frett

Following an appearance on ITV1’s “Take Me Out” in 2012, Luke became somewhat of a legend around campus. His friends describe him as a “fine man known by many, and loved by all” with the ability to “talk to anyone about anything”. He spends a lot of his time socialising while completing his Music degree and has been involved in what seems to be every society possible including Rugby, Hockey, Ultimate Frisbee, Gymnastics, Christian Union, Officer Training Corps, Sunday League Football, Drama Soc, Raising and Giving, Orchestra and UEA Choir. Luke also found fame on UEA Fitfinder after posting about his stolen scooter. Unfortunately the punks and his scooter are yet to be found.

“It’s flattering that I have been nominated and to think that I am recognised on campus is amazing. I’m glad that I’ve touched many people’s lives over the past three years. People should vote for me if they know me – that’s the idea of the competition.”

Ifeanyi Ugada

With his chilled attitude and his life motto “#motive”, this guy’s risen to BNOC status despite still being a first year. Better known as “Ify”, you’ll find this AfterDark promoter at every party going and if he’s not there, it’s cos he’s throwing his own. You won’t see him around campus but you’ll see him everywhere on your night out. This is one to watch – set to be an even bigger name in his second and third year.

“I’m surprised to be nominated as I didn’t even know such a thing existed but I appreciate it. I’m not part of any societies or anything, I just promote for loads of different events and party a lot. I genuinely enjoy having fun and meeting people so if I get the award I will have a huge ass party and everyone is welcome (as usual).”

Oliver Watson

Best known as the Draco Malfoy lookalike, Oliver finds himself being mistaken for the Harry Potter villain around campus and on many an LCR night. He also found himself becoming part of an internet meme after a St. Paddy’s Day LCR picture of him (shown above) went viral and he soon became known as “the Incredibly Photogenic Clubber“. With his distinct looks you’ll be sure to spot this BNOC everywhere you go.

“I’m a bit taken aback that someone would think I’m a BNOC! I may be known for the LCR photo and I meet quite a few people through the LCR. The meme was found on a couple of websites such as imgur and some others – it wasn’t overly big but it seemed to get an element of attention! I also get called Draco Malfoy quite a bit.”