This student runs her own vintage boutique

The Tab chats to third year student, Tasha King, who runs a successful ASOS Marketplace vintage boutique.

The Tab quizzes third year history student Tasha King on her successful ASOS marketplace boutique, No-Na Vintage. With her beautiful and quirky fashion pieces, Tasha has created a popular, low-cost boutique which stands out from the crowd and reflects her own love for vintage fashion.

Tasha models a vintage winter coat- £38

When and how did you get started?

It was in the summer of 2012 and I was enjoying having finished my A levels and the prospect of going to Uni. I was always coming home with bits for myself from various places and telling my parents how much I could sell things for, so one day my dad proposed I actually tried my hand at it! I’d known about ASOS Marketplace so thought it would be a great platform to start off from.

What are some of your favourite pieces you currently have in your collection?

One of my favourite pieces on sale at the moment is probably a beautiful cream coat, which is an absolute dream to wear and is in amazing vintage condition. I was so tempted to keep it for myself! Another piece would be a brown leather jacket in the menswear section, it’s one of those rare finds and pretty darn cheap for genuine leather!

Vintage Dark Tan Leather Jacket- £40

Where do you source your vintage pieces from?

I source my pieces from all different places. They are all handpicked by me and my parents have learnt to have a good eye too! It ranges from markets to vintage shops and I’ve even found a few gems in yard sales and boot sales. I’m basically looking all the time for new pieces.

Vintage Black Maxi Skirt- £18

What are your favourite fashion trends at the moment?

My favourite fashion trends. Hmm. If I’m completely honest I don’t really have a favourite fashion trend, and wouldn’t be able to keep up if I did. I just tend to wear what I like and sell things I think people would like.

Vintage Dress- £22

Do you have any tips for anyone wanting to set up their own ASOS Marketplace Boutique?

It takes a lot of time and effort, so if you want it to be successful make sure you’re willing to set some time aside for it. Also picture quality makes a great deal of difference, so recently I have got a new lens and been playing around with that. You don’t have to stick to vintage, and can incorporate individual and original brands as well. Overall, it’s a fun experience and a great platform to start something from, so go for it!

Check out No-Na Vintage boutique here or visit their Facebook page

For more tips and info on how to set up an ASOS boutique click here