Promo: Heart of A Dog and Wooden Arms.

Looking for something new this February? Local Norwich band Wooden Arms take the stage at the Norwich Arts Centre next Thursday for the first night of their UK tour.

imgres-1

Wooden Arms’ new single: December.

Tying in with the release of their new Double A side “Tide / December”, the first three performances will take the group from Norwich to London, via cambridge. On these nights they’ll be accompanied by fellow local band Heart of A Dog, a “lapsed duo” whose lineup is a tapestry of guest musicians that weave together to create their unique and laid back soundscapes. Following this they bid farewell to their co-headliners and take off across the UK.

Wooden Arms, who describe themselves as ‘a clattering composition of cacophony’ have a style that is is distinctly ethereal. Soft and ghostly, their six part harmonies accompany a string based line up and the results are peacefully haunting.

The sextet is made up of violinist Jess Diggins, cellist Fynn Titford-Mock and guitarist Jeff Smith. UEA Alum Alex Carson plays piano whilst vocals are fronted by Milly Hurst and Lydia Walker.

(From Left to Right) Jess Diggins, Fyn Titford-Mock & Alex Carson.

Described as ‘a continuing evolving sound’ by BBC introducing, Wooden Arms perform at the Norwich Arts Centre on St Benedicts Street on Thursday 13th of February. Tickets are £5 in advance, purchasable via the Arts Centre website, or £6 on the night. Doors open at 8pm.