Casual Cool on Campus

The Tab scouts for students who’ve ditched fussy heels and tiny handbags for on trend trainers and backpacks…

These savvy students prove that being fashionable does not require a pair of painful heeled boots or using that tiny handbag only big enough to hold a pen.

By teaming your staple black jeans with a pair of comfortable, on-trend trainers or a suede-detailed backpack you can create an outfit that is both fashionable and functional for a trip onto campus.

These Puma Suede trainers are gorgeous, firstly for their wine-like red shade but also their suede detailing which is a big trend in accessories at the moment. They look really great with a pair of simple rolled up jeans as a comfortable, yet stylish, outfit.

These bright pink New Balance trainers are a fashion staple, and will add a refreshing pop of colour to a pair of plain black jeans. We love how they have been styled with a pair of girly frilly socks, adding a feminine twist to the sporty trainers.

If you are not quite daring enough to go for a bright pair of New Balance trainers, a pair like these black ones would be a great alternative. Because of their neutral black and white colour scheme, they would look great with a multitude of outfits and jean styles.

This Firetrap bag is so on-trend with its suede detailing and neutral colour scheme that will go with any outfit. It is very similar to the MiPac backpack, both being the perfect combination of fashion and functionality with their canvas waterproof material, suede and endless choice of funky prints.

We love this navy H&M backpack which is a unique variation on the standard style with its duffle-like shape. Its detailing is really what makes it stand out, from the orange and white drawstring to the imitation leather on the buckles. This versatile bag can be bought in stores now for a bargain at £24.99!

The coloured spots on this denim Accessorize backpack give it a trendy, feminine twist. The denim fabric is lovely, and combines perfectly with the leather detailing around the pockets. Buying a bag from Accessorize is a good investment as they use quality materials, meaning they will last longer than cheaper substitutes.