Watch Here: Livewire’s Crimbo Videos!

Jingle Bell Rock vs Stay Another Day- which one wins in the battle of the sexes?

Charity christmas crisis livewire UEA:TV

Forget Loughborough’s ‘La La La’ debacle, if you’re in the mood for some hilariously cringe-tastic student video viewing, look no further. Our good friends at Livewire1350, UEA’ student radio station, have released this year’s charity Christmas singles- and they are absolute corkers.

The guys and gals of the station have split in the biggest battle of the sexes since Girls Aloud and One True Voice raced for the Christmas number one after a vintage series of Popstars: The Rivals.

In the male corner, we have a moody, atmospheric and frankly deeply moving rendition of East 17’s classic ‘Stay Another Day.’ Our favourite part by far is Livewire Online Editor Ross Attfield’s kiss to the camera, showing real boyband star quality, the likes of which The Tab has not seen since JLS’s performance of Last Christmas on the X Factor in 2008.

As for the girls, they don’t disappoint. With a Mean Girls-esque performance of Jingle Bell Rock, they are sassy Santa Clausettes. We particularly love the lecture theatre harmonies- real music to our ears compared to some of the hours we have endured in those rooms…

All the proceeds from sales of the singles will go towards funds for Crisis, a charity which helps homeless people rebuild their lives off the streets. So dig deep by buying a copy of each this Christmas, support Livewire and Crisis and remember- life could be worse. We could always be at Loughborough.