10 Things You Will Miss About UEA This Christmas

Roses are red, Violets are blue, we love UEA, we truly do!

Going home will be great. There will be home-cooked food, a warm house, alcohol that isn’t Tesco Value Vodka and your loving family and friends to entertain you. But while we’re enjoying the break, here are a few things everyone is going to miss about our lovely UEA…

1.Lie-ins

It’s not even her room. Or a bed.

At Uni, there is no one to judge you if you sleep in until 2pm on the odd weekend, but if you do this at home, I doubt your parents will be as chilled as the housemates who are doing the same.

2.The LCR

Excuse me, a vodka red bull costs HOW MUCH?!

Where else will the drinks be so cheap, the surroundings so familiar and the likelihood of bumping into someone you know so strong? Everyone loves the LCR!

3. Junk food

No judgement here…

Okay, it’s the Christmas break but those days when you just feel like eating crisps and a microwave curry are less acceptable when there is nice, healthy food in the fridge (and hopefully someone who wouldn’t mind making you a proper Sunday Roast).

4. Your housemates

Drink up! (They always know what you need)

So much love!

As they are essentially your family for more than half of the year, not seeing these people on a daily basis will be hard. They know what you look like after three-too-many G&Ts and do not run away screaming. I WILL MISS YOU GUYS.

5. Student Christmas decorations

Happy Christmas!

Always inventive, students can bring Christmas cheer with nothing more than some old newspapers and a pair of scissors. Quality Street wrappers become stained-glass windows and excess is encouraged.

6. The wedges

They’re just not the same!

In a similar vein to junk food, four weeks without the delicious carb-and-fat combo served  in campus cafes is going to be tough…

7. Lectures/ seminars

I’m getting in the right mindset for work…

At least if you have timetabled work to do, you feel less guilty about those two pieces of coursework you haven’t quite got round to yet…

8. Your student house

We like living in squalor okay?

Welcome home!

‘An Englishman’s house is his castle’. Your domain, your kingdom, you can keep your student house in any state of disarray you wish and not have to worry about waking up your parents when you stagger home at 3am.

9. The concrete

Oh UEA is wonderful!

Come on, Norwich is gorgeous!

“UEA is an architectural gem set in the heart of the Norfolk countryside” (you can quote me). It may not be to everyone’s taste but UEA’s Ziggurats are listed buildings of architectural significance and it definitely has a certain charm, just go for a walk around the lake in the evening.

10. The Tab Norwich

See you next semester!

Obviously…