Library Graffiti: Greatest Hits

Debate Editor Joe Murphy has been trawling the library walls for the best and strangest of student graffiti…

Graffiti Library uea Union of UEA

The American Constitution Rocks My World!

Apparently some people love their degree just a little bit too much. Is this the desperate sarcasm caused by a looming deadline, or has this person just finally snapped? We’ll never know.

Call me when you graduate

There comes a point in the hours before a deadline where you need an added incentive to do the best work you can. Although it’s followed by the mild disappointment that they haven’t actually left their number anyway. The tease.

If Hitler and Voldemort had a kid it would be Intellectual Property Law

What does this one even mean? Either someone really hates the idea of Intellectual Property Law, or they’re planning the world’s strangest fan fiction crossover.

pharmacy is…

Now we’re getting pretty abstract. Is this an attempt to mix the fields of medicine, philosophy and semantic categorisation into a single two words statement? Or did they just give up halfway through?

These walls are funny. First you hate them, then you get used to them. Enough time passes, you get so you depend on them. That’s institutionalised.

For the film fans among you, yes that is a quote from The Shawshank redemption. And yes, someone did indeed take the time to copy it out onto the walls of a study carrel. Which sort of proves the point of the quote.