Travel Shop To Close

No more cheap package holidays from campus as the shop shuts its doors.

Don’t expect to book your gals on tour trip to Malia from campus anymore- the Union announced today that they will be closing the Travel Shop.

The shop, which sells holidays and transport tickets to students, will be closed at the end of the year.

Communications Officer Rosie Rawle said today ‘we have examined all the options for keeping the Travel Shop open, but given changes in customer behaviour and the industry, the Travel Shop no longer represents a going concern.’

She has also expressed a worry that some employees of the shop will lose their jobs ‘Regrettably, the result of these changes is that a number of Union staff are at risk of redundancy. Staff in the Union’s retail services have faced considerable uncertainty and we will be working closely with them and Unison as they explore their options for the future. Every employee will be able to access support to ensure that they are able to make the right choice’

The Union has also announced today that key changes are to be made to the structure of The Shop (also known as The UFO) including management and staffing to improve layout and customer satisfaction. The Shop has been blighted by queuing problems since its opening in September.

Are you sad to see the Travel Shop go? Let us know in the comments section!