The Best Places To Cry On Campus

It’s Week 7, and we all know what that means. See you in the Rolling Stack…

campus crying uea

It’s that feeling when everything’s just too much; the three hours of sleep between coming home and your lecture simply are not enough, your flatmates are angry because of the takeaway from last Friday you still haven’t cleared away, you just know the essay you submitted will get a 2:2 at best, and the thought of feigning brightness and light when your mum calls later is making the hangover so much worse. All you want to do is curl up in a corner and cry. But help is on hand, as we have compiled a list of the best places on campus to lose yourself to the misery that is student life…

Toilets

Crying on the toilet…

This one is pretty obvious; lock yourself in a cubicle and hope no-one comes in. Hopefully no-one else will have had the same idea otherwise that would be…awkward.

The Library- specifically the Rolling Stacks

Life is just so hard!!!

Pretty much everyone in the library is dangerously close to a nervous breakdown anyway, so if you slip into the corridor for awhile looking red-eyed, they will feel your pain and hopefully be sympathetic.

The Rolling Stacks are for when some serious crying time is needed. This is a place for recent dumpees to go and roll themselves a little nest between the books. No-one goes here unless they are ‘exploring’ the library, looking for somewhere interesting to have sex, or, like you, having a cry. The odds are in your favour that you will be left undisturbed.

The Sainsbury Centre

A place of peace and tranquility in a hectic and changing world… The Sainsbury Centre is full of pretty things and few people. And the toilets are beautiful, truly beautiful. Very Star Trek.

The Lake

For those of you who like to cry in the outdoors, in the warm arms of nature, maybe this is the one for you. Although it might get a bit chilly in winter, bring gloves and a hat. Oh and tissues, otherwise you’ll have to walk across the field looking snotty.

Or you could just sleep…

I just CANNOT take it anymore

The steps

If you’re crying or attention rather than because you want to be alone then the steps are a place where you can showcase your pain and hope some friendly stranger will come to your aid with Kleenex and coffee.

The LCR

LCR

But then if you’re going for the Damsel in Distress play then why not just climb up on the LCR stage during A-list and express your emotions?