Halloween Make-Up: Tried and Tested

Helen Jackson offers tips on how to impress this Thursday…

In preparation for Thursday, we tested out some of our favourite Halloween make-up looks!

Here are a few handy tips to help get your scare on.

1) Dark make-up on a white canvas – Using white facepaint or eyeshadow to begin makes a great base. Add to this look with haunting colours on your eyelids and on your lips, perfect for Halloween! Think red, plum, grey and black.

2) No dark lipstick? No fear! – Don’t be afraid to use eyeliner as lip liner and even use eyeshadow on your lips! Begin with a layer of lip balm first to help the eyeshadow stay put. We like blending and using two colours, like red and black to get that great 3D lip effect.

3) Creepy doll look – create the effect that your eyes are bigger than they actually are. Use a white eyeshadow underneath the eye and draw a new set of lower lashes. Both liquid eyeliner and normal eyeliner work well for this. Add false lashes and plenty of mascara to your lashes to create that wide-eyed look.

4) Stitched mouth – a Halloween classic! Simple and easy to recreate, just use a dark eyeliner or liquid eyeliner!

Pulling out all the stops this Thursday? Send us your pictures! Email [email protected] or tweet us @TheTabNorwich