The ‘Yellow Tokens In The Hive’ Results Are In!

Priority Campaign Polls are in- and it’s better exam timetables we want!

uea union uea vote

Ladies and gentlemen, your voices have been heard.  Priority Campaign Poll votes (you know, the boxes in the Hive and the Bar), have been counted.  Out of 8,325 votes, it has been revealed that the area you think needs most improvement at UEA is exam timetables!

Commitment to improving exam timetables was a key part of Academic Officer Louise Withers Green’s manifesto.

Yes, after a week of intense voting, exam timetable improvement won with a whopping 3143 votes. To give a little perspective, the second runner up was Coursework Return. That received 1804 votes. Other choices given to us this year were; Get the Vote, Safe Room and Ethical Investment. Options came out of Union Council policy, student survey results and officer manifestos.  Even though not every campaign received equal votes, each campaign will be getting attention over the coming year.

Exams are too closely spaced together, students have decided. Timetables are being released too late in the year. You may think that your one vote didn’t really count for much, but last year’s results saw a huge turnover in University policy. You wanted exam feedback, the University listened. Feedback can now be obtained from every exam you sit.

Whilst voting took a slightly different style this year, it’s clear that our voices are still as effective as ever, with stations everywhere from the Hive to the Travel Shop, and the ability to text and tweet your support for the cause. Anywhere you went, the campaigns poll wanted to hear your voice.  And they have well and truly been heard! Congratulations UEA, we’re on the way to managing to make exams a little less stressful. Finally!

Photos: Union of UEA Students