Body found in lake at UEA

A body was found in the lake on UEA campus yesterday morning, shortly before 9am. Further Update 02/08/13: The identity of the woman found in the lake yesterday is still unknown, […]

A body was found in the lake on UEA campus yesterday morning, shortly before 9am.

Further Update 02/08/13: The identity of the woman found in the lake yesterday is still unknown, following a post-mortem. A description of the woman has been released and anybody who may have information is urged to contact the police. The woman is believed to have been in her late 30s or early 40s. She had short brown hair with a natural wave that shows signs of being dyed auburn or deep red. She was 5ft 7 and of slim build.  The woman found is not linked to any known missing person case in Norfolk, Suffolk or Cambridgeshire. 

Update:  A UEA spokesman has said: “As far as we are able to, we have accounted for staff, students and visitors on summer schools and conferences, and we have not been made aware of anybody reported missing.”

Police have confirmed the body is that of a ‘young girl’. It was discovered by an angler early this morning.

The body was found in the UEA Broad. The lake is normally open to the public but has been sealed off by the emergency services.

A police spokesperson said: “Officers were called to the University of East Anglia shortly after 8.40am following reports a body had been found in a lake on the site.

“Emergency services are on scene and the area has been sealed off.”