Lake Search For Missing Woman

Emma Belka disappeared on Sunday.

emma belka norwich missing person uea

The search for a missing woman led emergency services to UEA last night.

Emma Belka, 36, was last seen Sunday 19th May at 1.45pm. She was reported missing around 4pm, the search initially focusing around Easton Road, Unthank Road, Eaton Park and Earlham Park. By evening, a helicopter was circling the UEA and these surrounding areas as part of the search.

At 9pm, emergency vehicles (including a fire engine, a fire service van towing a boat, and a UEA security van) arrived by the university’s lake. The vehicles stayed opposite Suffolk Terrace for over an hour, until after nightfall.

UEA tweeted to confirm that police had searched the UEA broad for the missing member of the public, but that no one had been found.

So far, the search seems inconclusive and police are reportedly ‘growing increasingly concerned’ for Belka’s welfare.

Emma Belka is around five foot tall and very slim, with a pale complexion, freckles and light brown hair cut as a bob. She may be wearing a pink T-shirt, blue jeans, and possibly a tight leather jacket.

Students should try to be vigilant, and anyone who might have seen Emma or who knows anything of her whereabouts should contact the Norfolk Constabulary immediately on 101.