Seventh Heaven for UEA

UEA 7-0 Loddon United Reserves: UEA put in a fantastic all round performance to win 7-0 away from home.

For the second week in a row, UEA struggled to fill a squad and had many players unavailable. Nevertheless the players that were available did a fine job and staked a strong claim to remain in the team when the regulars return.

The back four included three regulars and Dryden returning to the side. In midfield, Davidson-Houston made his first start taking the place of Dodman and Katase kept his place on the left.Dingli senior rolled back the years to play in the centre to accommodate younger brother Jacob who made his debut up front alongside Worrall.

Great hang-time

UEA started brightly and were ahead inside five minutes when J.Dingli hit a cross come shot which Worrall bundled into the net. Shortly after J.Dingli scored himself, turning a defender thirty yards out sending a fine lob over the keeper to make it 2-0.

UEA were comfortable but the pitch always has the potential to cause trouble. Kibbey was rarely troubled but was called upon to make one great save from a deflected free-kick.

J.Dingli netted his second latching onto a through ball, rounding the keeper to slot home to give UEA three goal advantage at the break.

The second half started in much the same fashion, with J.Dingli making it 4-0 and securing a debut hat-trick within the first couple of minutes, again rounding the keeper. It was then Worrall’s turn again as he controlled a lofted through ball and slotted home to make it five.

Dingli senior was next to try his luck bringing a decent save from the keeper, Davidson-Houston picked up on the loose ball and crossed for J.Dingli to head in his fourth, and UEA’s sixth.

UEA then brought on Sam Rafuse for Katase and then goalkeeper Kavi Luchowa had a run upfront. Luchowa nearly scored but prolific centre half Altay nipped in first to grab another goal and make it seven.

UEA probably could have increased the score line and probably would have on a kinder surface but were pleased with seven and the previously elusive clean sheet.
The back four were exceptional, fending off everything Loddon had to offer, Creasy read the game particularly well. The midfield produced a combative display with the strikers showing some quality finishing.

UEA are now the only unbeaten side in all seven divisions Anglian Combination League.