Upcoming Musical Acts in Norwich

Epilogues and Daisy Vaughan are two up-and-coming groups from our area.

Finding new music is time consuming. It’s like you’ve been reunited with a long-lost brother, and there aren’t enough hours in the day to catch up with him. Or sometimes it seems an artist has been with you all along, dormant then suddenly demanding every waking moment of your attention.

Sorry if that paragraph stunk up your screen like Stilton. The Tab’s just pretty excited about two amazing artists. If you don’t love them already then you soon will. Your writer’s here to help you stay sane as you tackle two new obsessions. That they both regularly play in Norwich won’t help mind…

Epilogues

Epilogues are a brotherly folk/acoustic duo with some of the best song writing chops ever heard in Norwich. Two weeks ago they released an eight-track album The Cartographer, a moving record with beautiful, intricate guitar-playing and beautiful, eclectic songs.

Singer Mikey Donnelly’s voice bears a resemblance to that of Fionn Regan, but is not just delicate – there’s a depth of feeling and intensity in his voice that belies his teenage years. The duo’s album is so powerful as a whole it seems counterproductive to recommend any standout tracks. If you want an emotionally involving half hour then click here.

Daisy Vaughan

Daisy Vaughan’s is 16. Utterly mind boggling. Her songwriting is as accomplished as artists twice her age. And with a voice as warm and emotive as hers The Tab suspects that a successful music career is firmly in her hands if she wants it.

Daisy will inevitably draw comparisons to Birdy, though her pipes are more versatile. In fact, the mix of tones on Highest of Tides suggests Daisy is far more similar to Laura Marling. We can only hope she replicates Marling’s phenomenal success.

Though Daisy is yet to release a full-length collection of songs, the quality of the few songs on her Soundcloud more than make up for it. The Tab’s favourite is Run Until. Its beautiful melody and impressive vocal riffing are particularly noteworthy. If there is a more mature recording written and performed by a sixteen year old, The Tab’s yet to hear it. That said, the other tracks on Daisy’s Soundcloud are also worthy of your tears and excitement.