Strong week for the Yellows

UEA 5-2 Blofield United: It’s been a good week for the Yellows with midweek BUCS victories for the 1st and 2nd teams followed by another three points on Saturday.

UEA were pleased to get back to local league action after a two week hiatus, fitness was no issue though with BUCS fixtures midweek.

There was a strong side available with Williams and Allison the only non-regulars in the starting line-up. Kibbey remained in goal, Scott was at centre-back with Creasy at left-back. Gwion and Beeson combined in the centre of the park with Williams and Calvo on the wings. Richards and Dingli led the front line.

There’s nothing yellow about these boys (apart from their kit)

UEA started comfortably but failed to create any real threat to the opposition goal. They were soon made to pay when Scott was adjudged to have handled in the area gifting Blofield an opportunity from the spot. The penalty was duly converted to give the away side the lead.

The penalty galvanized the home team and shortly after the Yellows were back on level terms with Gwion collecting the ball and rifling into the top corner.

UEA sensed a second and following a corner from Beeson, Blofield could not clear and finally Altay jumped strongest and highest to nod home from point blank range to make it two.

UEA’s dominance didn’t last however and the away side drew level after capitalising on some slack UEA defending as an unmarked man slotted home at the far post.
Not content with the first forty-five minutes Captain Dingli delivered a stern half-time talk in attempt to catalyse an improved display.

Stern or not the talk seemed to do the trick with UEA creating much more freely and retook the lead as Altay got his second of the game converting from a Beeson corner.
UEA looked the only likely winners once the third had gone in and made sure of the victory with strikes from Richards and Altay who completed his hat-trick.

It could have been a far greater margin of victory but for some lacklustre finishing, however the three points is what counts.