UEA Confessions Shut Down

Say so long to your guilty pleasure – UEA Confessions facebook page is no more

The much discussed UEA Confessions Facebook page has been shut down after having had received 2506 likes in it’s short lifespan.

The page provided Facebook users with a forum for students to anonymously upload their most embarrassing and most shocking experiences that they had encountered during their time at UEA.

The page was one of many in the country, with many other universities having their own Confessions page on the social networking site.

UEA Confessions proved very popular amongst most students, but also received considerable backlash from others due to the misogynistic content that it often posted.

While we at The Tab were unable to find out exactly why the UEA branch of the Confessions series was shut down, it is speculated to be because of a copyrighting issue with the university itself, having used the UEA logo.

Director of Communications, Elly Sample, at the University of Lincoln, responded to the Lincoln Confessions page in the series: “The nature of the sites and the content raise several student welfare issues.

“Do consider the consequences a posting could have for you and others in the future.”

Although mysterious the disappearance of UEA Confessions has been, maybe it’s for the best. Do we really want our future potential employers to see us “living it up” in this student fashion? Probably not.