Two Men threaten family with hammers

Family of 3 threatened by armed thugs brandishing a knife and a hammer in the latest aggravated robbery in Norwich.

aremed robbery burglary civic gardens norwich

Yesterday a family of three were recovering from a serious armed robbery at their terraced house in Mile Cross, Norwich.

Over the weekend, two men broke into the family home and threatened a man, woman and child with a hammer and a knife. They proceeded to steal all their money before fleeing the scene on foot.

Richard Edwards, Green Party County Councillor said that, “this is a crime that one expects to hear about in London or Birmingham, not in Norwich.”

Police have described this as an aggravated robbery. DC Sharon Fish of Norwich CID, has said that, “we believe that the occupants of this address were specifically targeted, however we would urge anyone who saw or heard anything suspicious in the area to contact us.”

The first man in connection to the robbery has been described as white, in his late 20s to early 30s, approximately 5 foot 5, and was wearing a grey hoodie zipped to the top, with the hood up.

The second man has been described as black, approximately 6 foot, and was wearing a navy or black hoodie zipped to the top, also with the hood up.

If you have any information about this incident local Police urge you to contact Norwich CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800555111.