B.o.B snubs our new £2m club

Project re-launches as Wonderland but one famous face didn’t come along to celebrate the new student night.

For most people, a £2 million club rammed full of screaming fans would be enough to lure you out.

But not for pop sensation B.o.B, who pulled out of his DJ set at Wonderland this week due to ill health.

The Airplanes star had played a gig at Waterfront earlier in the night but cancelled his trip to Wonderland at the last minute.

He tweeted: “Due to my current health I wont be attending @WonderlndNR1 launch party tonight… I hope everyone has a good time!!”

He had earlier tweeted thanking UEA students for a “real” night.

But the 24-year-old star – real name Bobby Ray Simmons Jr – was good enough to waive his fee, and Wonderland promised they would use the money to bring in another top act.

They said: ‘’We want to assure everyone that the money we saved on not having him play will be used to book someone amazing and the event will be at a reduced price in the near future”.

Launch night

Wonderland, which used to be called Project, closed in March this year when the building’s owners refused to reduce the rent.

Now, after six months and £2 million of refurbishment, it has risen from the ashes.

The club reopened last Friday and welcomed back popular indie night Propaganda which was held at Tau on Prince of Wales Road during Project’s closure.

Thousands turned out for Wonderland’s launch

Wonderland boasts many more big names later this year, with DJ sets by Chase and Status and the Black Eyed Peas already confirmed.

New owners No Saints Ltd have promised the millions spent will create “one of the most conceptual audio visual entertainment venues in the UK”.