An evening of fun with Take Me Out

What happened in Take Me Out this week

dating paddy mcguinness Take Me Out

Take Me Out is definitely one of the best shows to watch with friends. Cringing at the silly comments from the girls, lusting over the guys and just laughing at the whole fiasco happening before our eyes – what’s not to love? In fact, I was so excited that I managed to run blindly into a glass door and smack my nose. But enough about me, here are my thoughts on Saturday’s show…

Rugby playing Greg from Norwich (whey!) is the first single lad to emerge from the Love Lift tonight, and seems chuffed that none of the girls turned off their lights immediately. Kelly is loving the fact that he looks a lot like Gerard Butler, and who can blame her? Jo, who picked up Paddy earlier on, is keen to show off her strength and manages to successfully pick Greg up. He describes himself as a “modern day Prince Charming”, although his passion for Zumba classes makes quite a few of the girls turn their lights off. After whittling the girls down, he’s left with Jo and Lisa, who are both wearing very similar, cleavage-revealing dresses. Paddy makes his jokes in relation to this, and he eventually chooses strong girl Jo. All I can think about though is whether I’ll ever see Greg in our wonderful town…perhaps he’s a fan of Lola Lo’s?

Next up is Bambos, a cute Greek guy from London, and picky Lucy is the only girl to turn off straight away. It’s revealed that he’s a qualified pilot, although he hasn’t got a job doing this yet and currently works as cabin crew. The girls are all impressed, until he mentions his love for customising clothes and his traditional family who want him to have a Greek girlfriend. Rachel excitedly tells Bambos about her A* in GCSE Textiles while desperate Katie B confesses that she’s already started making her wedding dress and would love for him to help her out. I cannot even attempt to sum up the hilarity that was the third round – it was all an explosion of Vengaboys, coupled with bad singing and dancing down an aeroplane aisle. Surprisingly, Bambos was not put off by Katie B’s half-made wedding dress and chooses her as his date. Although he may be having second thoughts now as it’s revealed she likes to dress her cat up as Winnie the Pooh.

The last guy down the Love Lift is Matt from Doncaster, who seems rather arrogant from the word go. With his casual/smart outfit, he’s immediately compared to the lads from One Direction, which he doesn’t seem too impressed with. We find out that he loves skateboarding and cooks Chinese food in his family business. He also tells us about his passion for stand up comedy, even going so far to say that he’s the funniest person he knows! Most of the girls are turned off already and after a comment or two from the girls about his arrogance, he’s looking visibly nervous. However, Tracey wants him to teach her how to skateboard and Fiona tells him how funny she thinks he is. Matt eventually picks Fiona and I’m already looking forward to how their date will unfold.

The dates in Fernandos are very hopeful this week, with the exception of Emma and Billy who feel more of a friendly atmosphere than one filled with romance. Kenny, aka the human Ken doll, is utterly charmed by Becca on their go-karting date. However, he’s late for dinner, which causes Becca to mercilessly tease him all evening about his male beauty regime. Mikey and Jamie’s date is cute but slightly awkward to watch, although a second date seems to definitely be on the cards for them. Meanwhile, Gracie and Jit’s date involves horse riding, a rap song and a terrible impersonation of Paddy’s accent. Jit finds Gracie absolutely hilarious, although is slightly confused by her phobias of feet and salt & vinegar crisps.

Number of guys I would have left my light on for: 2 (Greg and Bambos)

Paddy’s best line: “Let the swagger see the jagger!”