Charity Gig A Sound Success

A live music night at UEA raised over £300 for Childreach International.

Charity Childreach Live Music uea UEA RAG

A live music night organised by the UEA RAG society exceeded expectations with over 100 people turning out to support the good cause last Thursday.

History Student Ben Tosland, who helped co-ordinate the event, told The Drop “I raised £320 with a couple of donations from the night too."

"We also needed to make £350 from the bar and reached that easily.”

The money will benefit Childreach International, which is dedicated to unlocking children’s potential by improving their access to education, healthcare as well as greater rights and protection.

The event featured a showcase of local musicians, and included home grown UEA talent Harriet Langely, The Actor and The Peach and Little Wicked Games, alongside Norwich based acts Addison’s Uncle, Kolin Durier and Electric Youth Revolt.

James Maas, who studies Business Management at UEA, organised the musical line up and told us “I used six acts that I thought would work well together, creating a mixed line up of UEA based talent and acts from the vibrant Norwich music scene”.

The Drop’s full coverage of the event can be found here – http://www.ueadrop.co.uk/en/photos/music/2012-03-10/936/live-music-night-the-hive.html

Photography courtesy of Ga Chun Yau.