The harsh reality of male behaviour in Norwich!

It seems that some men just haven’t heard of the phrase ‘It’s a dress not a yes’

Lads

Is it me, or is the state of the male gender bloody disgraceful at the moment? Or is just the leering "lads" of Norwich?

From twats in their over modified cars shouting repulsive comments ‘oi love your tits are looking banging!’ to an old man licking his dishevelled lips at you in some horrific gesture as you wait at the traffic lights (yes this happened), is not exactly the type of thing a girl wants on her walk to uni. 

At the moment, I can’t help but notice that when a girl steps out of the house wearing something remotely figure-hugging she is at constant risk of Norwich’s finest dickheads mentally undressing her. 

And I’ve only just started on men in the daytime.

When night hits, I find that the male of our species just simply deteriorate. Can a girl not show a bit of flesh without a group of rowdy ‘wheyy lads’ shouting something utterly vulgar? I’m particularly talking about the walk from the taxi drop off at Riverside, to Project night club. In fact, have you noticed that any time you step out of a taxi to walk into a club some dickhead shouts something your way?

Erm, F.Y.I guys… as if we are going to turn around and be like, ‘oh heyyy you sound SO nice. Want to take me home?’

It only get’s worse once your inside a club. I propose a universal rule which states that any unauthorised bum-groping from men should result in immediate and unauthorised ball-kicking from women. With our heels on. Okay maybe that’s a bit harsh. But for god’s sake, YES I’m wearing a tight dress but NO this is not a free invitation to feel me up.

Obviously some of you readers will be piping up, ‘don’t dress provocatively’ ‘try covering up a bit more’ ‘you're asking for attention’ … yada yada yada. To that I say pipe down. Women should feel comfortable wearing whatever we wish without being made to feel like a piece of meat dangling in front of a bunch of hungry lions as soon as we step foot in a bar.

Just because we have a short dress on does not give men the right to think we’re ‘easy’ and it certainly does not mean we are up for a heavy petting. It’s disrespectful and rude. But more importantly, most of these men probably have lovely girlfriends at home. That’s what makes it even more sickening.

So here’s a tip lads, if you do feel a burning desire to yell comments or have a quick fondle when we walk past you – think twice. If you haven’t already realised you look like a dick.

And girls, I find that a quick hand gesture and an utterly disgusted look usually works. Or if you're feeling daring, a swift shove will prove your point.

…actually, probably don’t do that. Knowing the guys round here, their ego will not be able to take it and they’ll end up starting a fight with the nearest male just to restore what’s left of their masculinity. In the middle of the dance floor. And that’s always awkward