Northumbria SU Elections: Who came where?

The results are in

All week, campus has be filled with candidates handing out free stuff, sticking posters everywhere and anyway and basically just begging for your vote.

Despite this only a mere 2,935 students voted in the elections, which means no puppies for us.

It was still enough to elect your Sabbatical Officers for next year…

President – Adam Crawley

Adam’s manifesto promised us more employers on campus, removal of Monday morning exams and even a Nap room.

Vice President Activities- Laura Charlton

Laura’s manifesto promised us a 24 hour cafe, more part-time job opportunities and quad parties and festivals.

Vice President Education – Joe Holt

Joe’s been re-elected as Education VP as his manifesto promised us removal of hidden fees (no more print credits), all lectures recorded and more workspace facilities.

Vice President Communications – Tom Bromwich

Tom’s manifesto promised us training on NSU/Radio, paid student teams, and bringing back hall wars for freshers week.

Vice President Welfare – Matt Auden

Matt’s manifesto promised us safer taxis for after a night out, more buses to Coach Lane and more help with letting agencies.

Here’s how everyone else squared up:

Students with Caring Responsibilities Rep: Rachel Whitehouse and Laurie Doyle-Davies

Coach Lane Students Rep: Grace Flowers

Disabled Students Rep: Mary Ashley

Women Students Rep: Lizi Gray

Mature Students Rep: Marie Liz Hayton

LGBT+ Student Rep: Dominika Cudak and Michael Passaro

Part-time Students Rep: Roy Blewitt

This year’s Lay Student Councillors line up is Ryan Bush, Holly Hunter, Megan Smith, Alistair Purdy and Lily-Rose Lenton. These are the people who essentially do the extra bits for the rest of the reps of the Union.

Here’s why you voted for Lily-Rose

The results of the SU’S annual referendum saw that Northumbria’s Student Union will continue to associate with the National Union of Students, with 1,634 votes in favour and 408 against.