Just because I don’t swear doesn’t mean I’m weird

My catchphrase is ‘flipping nora’

I am 18 and I don’t swear – and yes I get laughed at, a lot.

But at least I never have to worry about offending someone by my “language”.

Being brought up in a non-swearing home has meant that words like “flip” and “drat” were used, and to be honest I quite like it that way.

Last minute panicking as per usual

Being brought up in a house hold that doesn’t swear has just proved that you don’t need to swear – if my parents can do it so can I.

Never did I hear “the s word” slip out when someone dropped a plate or “the p word” when someone was annoyed.

Because I’m the daughter of a preacher man.

Lots of alternatives to ‘the s word’

Not many friends can get mad at a person who uses phrases like “flipping nora” when they fall over or calls someone a “numpty” in arguments.

So much so, that people who know me feel like it’d be some kind of special occasion if they ever heard a swear word come out of my mouth.

I’m not joking, one of my friends asked as a birthday present if I could swear but I had to be a disappointment.

I was pretty peeved to be fair

I would find the lads on the bus to school putting their middle fingers up at me to see how I’d respond and an embarrassed laugh and a thumbs up was about as much as they got.

People who knew me would listen extra close just to see if sugar would ever digress to anything else, but unfortunately not.

I get laughed at when I read things out on Twitter as I’ll get half way through the tweet and go erm, it says the “P word” and hurry reading the rest. I won’t even swear when quoting a person because a swear word is a swear word.

I’ve even noticed my friends apologise when they swear around me and try not to. But I have nothing against other people swearing, it’s just not for me and, quite frankly, I couldn’t imagine anyone expecting “little innocent Chanel” swearing.

It’s almost like it would ruin my whole persona, so I think I’ll stick to “flipping nora” and “for goodness sake”.