Singles of the Week: Law Edition

Local ladies who are looking for love

noad

This article is for the single fellas out there

Law students have a pretty bad reputation. They’re stereotyped as know-alls with superiority complexes. But let’s remember, that have feelings, they are people too!

This week we have 2 very eligible single ladies with looks and brains to boot. They’re both very career focused so lads you’ll have to be worth the distraction.

Emma, 21, MLAW

Great things come in little packages

Emma is training to be a barrister and is in her final year. But she doesn’t just work hard, she plays hard too. This charming Mackem might not have height on her side, but she makes up for it in banter.

Why is she single?

I’m just lucky I guess haha no, seriously, I think I must just be a psychopath!

What’s her idea of the perfect date?

Anything as long as it involves food – I love food – and probably alcohol, because I get really nervous on dates.

Look at that pout

Who’s her ideal boyfriend?

Mr Christian Grey – first person I could think of.

What does she want to be when she grows up?

I used to want to be a princess…but now I want to be a barrister, bit of a waste of degree and postgrad if not. If all else fails in 100% being a crazy dog lady. Like a professional dog walker or something.

She likes dogs too

What’s her worst habit?

Swearing. Or sweeties. But that’s an actual addiction. Hoping to overcome that soon with professional help.

Melissa, 23, BPTC LLM

She has a puppy

Melissa is a postgraduate training to be a barrister and for a masters in Law. She’s from Washington and loves her animals (especially her new puppy). She knows how to handle a sword and is a massive fan of You Me At Six.

Why is she single?

I’m single for the simple reason that I want to be. It’s not that I’m not ready to settle down, or that I’d be opposed to a relationship if I met the right person, but I’m just not actively looking for a relationship right now. At this stage in my life I’m a lot more focused on my career, and enjoying my early twenties.

What’s her best feature?

I’d have to say my modesty because I’m struggling to come up with an answer for this. Honestly I don’t think I have a best feature per say: when it comes to accepting yourself and learning to love yourself – as we all should do – you need to take the good with the bad, and respect them equally.

What’s her dream job?

If I said anything other than a barrister then I’d have spent far too much money for all of the wrong reasons.

Who’s her celebrity crush?

Which one? My celebrity crush changes weekly. I currently have a thing for Richard Harmon, who plays John Murphy in The 100. He has a unique look and whilst some of my other friends aren’t too keen, I think he’s beaut.

She loves a selfie (with the puppy)

Would you rather have a dessert or a starter?

Preferably both. Usually starter, unless it’s Pizza Hut, then definitely cookie dough. On that note, I rarely get either.

If you’d like to ask out either of our lovely ladies then email [email protected] and we’ll hook you up.